AOL email service is a most famed or reputed email service provider program. We have no doubt about this perfect service. But sometimes, user faces some common error with this service. Today, we are providing some troubleshooting steps to solve AOL Instant Messenger Error 5 from your AOL email service.
Technical Information of AIM Error 5:
Error Number: Error 5
Error Name: Aol Error 5
Error Description: Error 5: AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Developer: AOL Inc.
Program Name: AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Symptoms of AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) Error 5:
Please read the given common side-effects of this error.
- The ” AOL Error 5″ occurs and crashes the running windows program.
- Your computer continuously crashes with Error 5 when you have run the same program.
- The “AOL Error 5” will be shown on your computer screen.
- Your access windows run slowly and other input devices such as – keyboard, the mouse also not give a good response.
- Your system occasionally “Stops” for a few seconds at a time.
AOL error 5 may occur when you install AOL program, when an AOL related program is running on your system. Sometime it appears during the windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. So, you need to keep track of when and where this AOL 5 error occurs as it is a critical information in troubleshooting the problem.
Why it occurs in your AOL email:
We are mentioned below several causes of this behind this error. So please read all the reasons for resolving this error from your email service.
- When you have an incomplete or corrupted installation of AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) program.
- When the user has done incorrect windows registry from a latest AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)-related program change (install or uninstall).
- Any online infection or spyware has covered your windows system files or AOL Instant Messenger-related program folders or files.
- If the users mistakenly removed the AOL Instant Messenger or another related file from their computer.
This AOL “Error 5” can be occured by many types of factors, so it is important for a user that they have troubleshot each of the possible reason to prevent from recurring of this error on your email service.
Some Simple Steps to Solve your AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) Error 5:
If you are trying to solve this error then we are offering an easy process to help out you in troubleshooting this error. So please apply each given step to get rid of AOL error 5.
- You need to recheck your Error 5 related Windows Registry Entries.
- You need to make a full malware scan on your PC.
- Run all the unwanted or temporary files or folders and remove all (cleanmgr).
- Now, remove all the system junk with disk cleanup.
- Now, check your running PC Device Drivers, updated it.
- By using windows system restore to “Undo” updated system changes.
- Then, run AOL Instant Messenger software linked with Error 5, uninstall and reinstall it.
- Now, start windows system file checker with “SFC /scannow” option.
- Then, install all the available windows updates on your system.
- Now, install an update or latest version of windows.
- Restart your system and check AIM service.
We hope that after following the above procedure you have resolved the AOL Instant Messenger Error 5 from your email service. But still, if you face any issue with this given process then you can ask your query from the AOL certified technician. You can connect them by dialing AOL customer support number, it’s a free customer service for the AOL users. So, you can feel free to connect with AOL support number. You can get a best suggestion or solution for your issue by meeting AOL expertised technicians.